Kimberly Morrow, LCSW and Elizabeth DuPont Spencer, LCSW-C
About the instructor
Kimberly Morrow, LCSW and Elizabeth DuPont Spencer, LCSW-C are both in private practice. Kimberly is in Erie, PA and Elizabeth is in North Bethesda, MD. Each has 25 years of experience using cognitive behavioral therapy with exposure and response prevention to treat anxiety and OCD. They provide online and in person training to therapists across the country.
For clinicians who want to increase their professional appearance, consider becoming a Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional (CCAPT). We are pleased that these 12-hour webinars have been approved to meet all the requirements needed for certification. Use the discount code ANXIETY20 to save $20.
Continuing Education Credit:
AnxietyTraining.org, ACE Provider Number 1637, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. AnxietyTraining.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: (10/17/19 – 10/17/22). Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 12.0 continuing education clock hours.
$299 includes 12- hours of content, hand-outs, and continuing education credit. To receive CE credit, you must complete the webinar, answer the completion questions correctly, and complete a course evaluation. If you do not answer the questions correctly, review the materials and re-take the test. A CE certificate will be immediately emailed to you once you have completed the requirements. AnxietyTraining.com offers a complete, 100% refund if you are not completely satisfied with this course. Contact Elizabeth@anxietytraining.com for refund information or with any other concerns about this course.
Accommodations: We are committed to making this course accessible to all. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations. In some cases, documentation is requested for review.
Course Level: Intermediate
Webinar – Recorded – Available self-paced, to view at your convenience
- Educate and socialize anxious clients to the CBT session structure in order to achieve positive clinical outcomes.
- Assess for and diagnose each DSM-5® anxiety disorder, including Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Separation Anxiety Disorder, PANS/PANDAS, and Panic Disorder.
- Implement Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) techniques to increase your client’s success.
- Utilize strategies that help family members become anxiety “coaches” for the client.
- Formulate interventions for challenging automatic negative thoughts in clients who have been diagnosed with anxiety.
- Identify when it is clinically appropriate to use extreme exposure interventions with clients.
- Demonstrate the use of interoceptive therapy for treating panic in clients.
- Explain the purpose of utilizing paradoxical exposures when treating social anxiety.
- Apply knowledge about Generalized Anxiety Disorder to learn how to prevent fears about the future from interfering with the quality of life.
- Utilize play-based exposure interventions for the treatment of anxiety in children.
- Implement Exposure and Response Prevention techniques to reduce symptoms of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
- Formulate treatment termination and relapse prevention plans with clients.
What people say about the 12-session course, CBT for Anxiety and OCD: What you need to know to provide successful treatment:
I have completed the CBT for Anxiety & OCD course and found it extremely helpful and informative. As a new CBT therapist, I felt the modules did an excellent job of exemplifying critical and useful knowledge to provide effective CBT treatment. Thank you both for your dedication to the mental health field.
Meredith, Licensed Professional Counselor
At Light On Anxiety CBT Treatment Center in Chicago, we have chosen AnxietyTraining.com's CBT for Anxiety and OCD, a 12- session on-line training, to onboard our new therapists. We couldn't be happier with the results! Not only does this training save my center money and time but our therapists have been really happy with the training as well. The improvement in my clinicians’ scores between their pre- and post-test results shows that CBT for Anxiety and OCD provides the essential information necessary for them to quickly and confidently get started treating clients with these disorders using evidence-based treatments.
Debra Kissen, PhD
Executive Director, Light on Anxiety CBT Treatment Center
- Part 1 - Medicine for Anxiety - Adults
- Power Point Part 1
- Part 2 - Medicine for kids and adolescents with anxiety and OCD
- Part 2 Power Point
- Part 3 - Understanding addiction in the context of anxiety
- Part 3 Power Point
- Addiction Resources
- ASAM Levels of Care (American Society of Addiction Medicine)
- Medicine Reference Sheet
- Test your learning - session 6